Affiliate marketing is a huge industry and believe it or not, you have probably carried out some form of affiliate marketing but not earned any money.
In a nutshell, affiliate marketing is receiving a revenue or commission for advertising or referring a customer to a product or service, normally generated when securing a sale.
1. Creating a blog or website – when you create your blog or website, as well as adding information and comments or posts about various topics, normally associated with your niche or hobby, placing advertisements on your website for related products can attract the attention of visitors and, if they buy when clicking on the advertisement, you will receive your commission.
2. Placing advertisements on other websites or blogs – by contacting the owner of a specific website, linked to your subject area, you can request permission to advertise your affiliate link on their site. However, you must check the terms and conditions of your affiliate marketer to ensure there is an inclusion stating you are able to do so. Often, companies require you provide your own blog or website URL and judge if their products or service are suitable for your site
3. Google AdSense – by applying to Google you can add your website to Google’s AdSense and request relevant advertisements are added by Google to your website, on a specified location, where Google will assess your products and advertise accordingly. There are strict rules and regulations related to Google’s advertising but adhering to these will prove easy and you can earn a tidy sum each month.
4. Amazon Affiliate program reviews – Amazon are one of the world’s largest online retailers and offer an affiliate program so you can select products you want to promote, request a link, paste this to your site or blog and secure commissions on sales. However, this in itself does not generate traffic. You need to buy the product or thoroughly research it, write a no-holds barred review and encourage customers to buy.
5. ClickBank – this marketplace offers thousands of people’s products online for you to review, select, buy and try if you wish, then promote on your site or create a salespage advertising the product. ClickBank provides a lot of information for you to study prior to advertising including refund rate, number of sales, etc. It is also a place where you can advertise your own product for sale where others can choose to advertise for you on their site. ClickBank also offers membership opportunities which provide a monthly recurring income for you once a member subscribes and continues to do so month after month.
Source by Shirley Brown