Banner Advertising is an important tool used by internet marketing companies. It basically is similar to print and other forms of advertising. The idea is that one creates a banner, either an image or an animation with the logo and an attractive phrase describing the company. This banner is then placed on other popular websites. Users visiting these popular websites will then see the banner and get attracted to click on the advertisement. On click, the user is navigated to the home page of the advertising company, thus getting more visits.
Following are the benefits that banner advertising has to offer to users:
1. It is a great way to generate more traffic to your website. It is a very efficient way of brand building, allowing you to display your logo and brand image upfront to users.
2. It is suited for those brands where the probability of users going and searching for them is rare. In these cases, it is better to put the brand on the search page so that users get more aware of the availability of the brand or product.
3. It is simple and easy and there are many tools available online that can help you make the perfect banner announcing your arrival on the internet marketplace.
4. It can be a great supplement to a marketing campaign, such that the same or similar banners are used in the online as well as the offline world.
5. These ads help advertise your product to a wider audience – at a cost that would be negligible compared to other advertising mediums. The cost benefit ratio is extremely lucrative in the world of banner advertising.
If you want to go for this kind of digital advertising, you can get it done in house or you can contact a digital or online media advertising agency to do the same for you. When designing a banner advertisement, the key things to keep in mind are.
It must be visually appealing
The message text must be catchy yet simple
The colors must be attractive and in line with the product.
The file size of the image must be small, typically in the range of 40 – 70 kb
How does the pricing work?
There are various pricing models for banner advertising. The simplest of them is to have a flat rate per quarter or per month. The other model that is popular is the CPM (Cost per thousand impressions) model. If the ads are on popular news sites or magazines that are renowned in the online industry, then they are usually not affordable to the small businesses. Small businesses usually look for targeted niche areas that will put up their ad for a negligible or sometimes even a free cost.
Banner advertising is the buzz word when it comes to internet marketing and has many benefits. It is easy to try out and does not cost much. If you have a product or service that you are proud of and want to make it known across geographies and age barriers, then banner advertising may be just the right way to move ahead.
Source by Gladys M Godfrey