Buying a complete Online Business
Buying a ready-made website means purchasing an already functional website(Online Business) and everything that comes with it: domain, design, content, traffic, and rankings.
How large is the online market?
Online Business Statistics 2021
1. There are currently 4,208,571, 287 internet users. (Internet World Stats)
2. Asia has the highest percentage of internet users (49%), followed by Europe (16.8%), Africa (11%), and North America (8.2%).
3. The total number of websites on the internet is 1.95 billion. (Internet Live Stats)
4. Google averages 40,000 searches every second, which equates to 1.2 trillion searches worldwide per year.
5. Chrome is the most widely used browser (61.72%), followed by Safari (15.23%), Firefox (4.66%), Opera (3.15%), and Internet Explorer (2.81%). (StatCounter)
6. 3.2 billion internet users are also social media users. (Top 10 Website Hosting)
7. Google remains the most popular search engine.
8. WordPress raked in a whopping 15.5 billion pageviews in 2018 alone.
9. 33% of the world uses WordPress to power their websites. (WordPress.org)
10. 55% of people will search online for reviews and recommendations before making a purchase, with 47% visiting the company website, 26% checking out the physical store, and 23% of people talking with friends and family. (KPMG)
Consider The Right Niche
If you want to purchase a website, the niche you choose is important. It would be wise to choose the type of category you are familiar with.
A few examples to consider:
- Health and wellness
- Money and finances
- Sports and hobbies
- Relationships and personal growth
- Food and recipes
- Small business
- Current events and political commentary
- Entertainment coverage and analysis
Once you have purchased your online business you need to keep promoting
Promoting your Website
- Improving the content strategy and SEO to rank for more keywords and improve the traffic
- Exploring affiliate opportunities, or negotiating better deals
- Increasing your investment in things like social media and paid advertising to further grow revenue
- Creating and nurturing an active email list(Subscribers)
Where can you find ready made websites for sale?
On a platform such as Flippa, it’s best to imagine it as the eBay of selling websites. People put their website up for auction with details such as:
Do you have a website to sell?
1. Understand your website’s long-term value in advance
The average sales price of a successful website tends to range from six to ten times its profit on a monthly basis
2. Know your audience, and know how to sell them
On one of the bigger marketplaces like Flippa, it’s important to remember that people value revenue data or profit information above anything else.
3. Take steps to optimize profits before making a listing.
This is like any traditional business. Put yourself in the shoes of the buyer. If the website has not been fully optimized would you buy it. Make sure to fully optimize your website with SEO. What kind of profits does your website generate. How long has it been active. How many subscribers do you have.
Online Shopping Statistics 2021
An estimated 2.14 billion people worldwide purchase goods online.
63 percent of shopping occasions begin online.
Nearly half of the consumers shop more on mobile than in-store.
Because of the coronavirus, 42% of the US population bought groceries online in March 2020, nearly double the 22% in 2018.
75 percent of consumers’ search queries each month are brand new.
62 percent of online buyers shop at least once per month.
Sales of virus protection-related products increased by 807 percent over the first ten weeks of 2020. The primary reason for online shoppers to abandon their carts is high extra costs. 49 percent of cart abandonments are because of this.