How to Secure Online Shopping
With the rapid development of e-commerce, online shopping has become accepted by the public. However, while enjoying the convenience of online shopping, people should also guard against the traps of online shopping. .
So what are the risk factors for online shopping?
1. Delivery Issues. When shopping online, you may encounter problems such as products that cannot be delivered on time or the products delivered are not the products you purchased at all. Second, the goods may be lost in transit, or damaged due to off-site delivery.
2. Quality issues. The products purchased by shopping are far from the introduction, and even fake ones, such phenomena emerge in an endless stream.
3. Payment Risk. When shopping online, using improper channels to pay may result in the loss of payment, or the theft of credit card information.
4. Privacy Risk. Online shopping needs to fill in personal information, such as phone number, address, etc. These consumers' privacy is likely to be violated and sold to some companies or individuals, resulting in the disclosure of personal information.
The above are just some of the risks that may be encountered with online shopping, and there are many security risks that are not listed. So in the face of the risks of online shopping, how can we avoid risks and ensure the safety of online shopping?
1. Choose a regular online store. Regular online stores have seller reputation information, as well as product quality evaluations and evaluations, which help us judge store reputation.
2. Do not reply to any deliberately urgent emails. Some buyers still maintain personal contact with sellers after shopping, and are likely to fall into the traps carefully designed by unscrupulous sellers.
3. Choose a secure payment method. Nowadays, there are various payment methods. Relatively speaking, payment methods guaranteed by third parties are safer than online banking payment and remittance. Once lost, it can also be recovered through a third party.
4. Retain proof of transaction. When shopping online, you should pay attention to saving various transaction records and materials, such as emails, chat records and other evidence, as well as electronic transaction documents. Pay attention to the acceptance of valuable items, check whether there is quality assurance, warranty certificates, etc., and pay attention to asking for invoices or receipts, so as to protect your legitimate rights and interests when returning goods.
5. Prevent leakage of personal information. Regular browsers and operating systems should be used, and corresponding patches should be downloaded and installed from personal computers, and anti-virus software should be installed to conduct regular anti-virus. Do not disclose personal information such as passwords when chatting.
The benefits of an E-Commerce Business
The E-Commerce business is booming. Today anyone can start and scale an online business, regardless of their professional background or past entrepreneurial experience. It’s not surprising that ecommerce skyrocketed in 2020 as consumers turned to their phones or computers for their grocery, apparel, and home furnishing purchases. Eg Etsy USA .The convenience of ecommerce, combined with this change in consumer behavior, reflects a stronger demand for online shopping throughout the pandemic.