No one cares what you like. It’s harsh, but true. Example. You may love creating wooden toys, or designing glassware. Your friends and family tell you how amazing your creations are and you should sell them. You get all excited and start selling. After a few months you sell a few products. You cant understand why your amazing designs are not selling.
The reality of life. You may think your designs are amazing, but there is no demand for what you are selling.
Therefore it is essential to do your market research , to check which products are in demand.
Market research helps reduce risk by allowing you to determine product features, pricing, and promotions from the outset. It also helps you focus resources where they will be most effective
Keyword search is a powerful tool that can help users quickly find relevant information on a particular topic, and it is widely used in a variety of fields, including research, marketing, and journalism.
Ahrefs is a popular SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tool that provides website analysis, keyword research, backlink analysis, and other features that can help businesses and website owners improve their search engine rankings.
How to use Ahrefs keyword keyword search.
Type in the keyword and country. The results will show you how many searches for a particular keyword and the KD Keyword difficulty to rank on search engines for that keyword.
KD- Keyword difficulty refers to the level of competition that a keyword has in search engine rankings. It is an important factor to consider when performing keyword research for SEO purposes because it can help determine the likelihood of ranking for a particular keyword.
Keyword difficulty is typically measured on a scale from 0 to 100, with 0 being the easiest and 100 being the most difficult. The difficulty score is determined by analyzing factors such as the number of websites that currently rank for the keyword, the quality and quantity of backlinks to those websites, and the overall authority and relevance of those websites.
In general, keywords with a higher difficulty score will be more competitive and harder to rank for, while keywords with a lower difficulty score will be less competitive and easier to rank for.
Search volume refers to the number of searches that are performed for a particular keyword or phrase within a specific period, typically a month. It is a metric that is often used in keyword research for SEO and paid search advertising.
Search volume can be determined using various tools and platforms, such as Google Keyword Planner, Ahrefs, SEMrush, and others. These tools can provide estimates of monthly search volume for specific keywords or phrases, as well as related keywords and their search volumes.
Now that you know which products are in demand with little competition you can create a ecommerce store.
All of these products have low keyword difficulty and massive search volume
|Keyword||KD- Keyword difficulty||Search Volume|
|on cloud shoes ||18||607K|
|msi gaming gs63||1||24K|
|minecraft stickers ||0||36K|
|victor dog food||15||50K|
Create your own ecommerce store
- 61% of online consumers in the United States have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog.
- 59% of Millennials will go to Amazon first when online shopping, making the giant online retailer one of your biggest competitors.
- By the year 2040, it’s estimated that 95% of all purchases will be through eCommerce.
- In 2017, Amazon accounted for 44% of all US eCommerce sales.
- 55% of online shoppers tell friends and family when dissatisfied with a product or company.
- 93.5% of global internet users have purchased products online.
- Around 50% of people say they’d purchase something from a website’s chatbot using conversational marketing. (Drift)
- 76% of people prefer to go to a physical store for holiday shopping.
- Multi-step forms in WordPress can lead to 300% more conversions.
- The eCommerce industry is growing 23% year-over-year, yet 46% of American small businesses still don’t have a website.
Email eCommerce Statistics
- The biggest reason the B2B eCommerce market see success in their email campaigns is because they provide compelling content for each stage of the customer journey.
- 61% of consumers prefer to be contacted by brands via email.
- Email marketing yields $44 for each $1 spent for a 4400% ROI.
- 58% of the top 1,000 US online retailers send welcome emails.
- Segmented campaigns to email subscribers drive a 760% increase in revenue.
- Email marketing was responsible for 24% of holiday sales during the 2018 holiday eCommerce season.
- Nonprofits lose about $15k/year in donations due to spam filters blocking fundraising campaign emails.
- Transactional emails get 8x more opens and clicks than any other type of email campaign and make 6x the money.
- Email marketing contributes to 20% of traffic driving eCommerce sales.
- 60% of consumers say they’ve made a purchase as the result of an email marketing message they received.